Links

Friday, May 25, 2018

Dragonfly type: neurothemis fluctuans female at home this morning

I saw one rare dragonfly in my house compound today. I manage to take pictures of it using my phone and digital camera.

Taken using my digital camera, Canon Ixus 105:
Close up look via my digital camera.
Quite small actually.

Taken using my phone Oppo A71 (2018):
The zoomed picture using my phone.



It is quite hard actually to take pictures of such minuscule moving insect using improper tools. I think could achieve better quality if using DSLR type of camera. Still, as a typical gardener I am satisfied for being able to take the pictures using gadget that I have in hands. Acceptable for me.

Based to the taken pictures, I manage to make search in the internet in order to determine the species of the dragonfly.
It is neurothemis fluctuans female dragonfly[1]. 
The pictures in wikipedia is more red in colour than the actual ones I found in my house compound. But based from the name, I manage to get better picture from other website that is more similar to the one in my house.
Picture credit to https://www.darrensbugs.com [2].
Till then, have fun in identifying type of dragonfly in your house😉.

References:
[2] Picture of neurothemis fluctuans female https://www.darrensbugs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment