Links

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Reason I choose earbuds over headphone

I have been using earbuds for the past 2 decade, I think. As I started listening to music using  Walkman secretively during my secondary/high school. Since I found it helps me to pull through the night study. 
And yes, I do love to study till late night ever since I am in secondary/high school. It is my extra effort to maintain my score. Since I am in boarding school and no time to go to tuition like those who not.
Nowadays I prefer earplug style earbuds.

My main reason [1]:
1. Portable
I prefer the one with cords.

2. Affordable.
I can get good ones with built it microphone as low as RM 40 last year, 2017.
   
3. Easy to use when driving car and etc.
I normally used the one that have built in microphone. As it helps me to be hands free when driving. Or even while I am sitting doing my works. As I am able to sift through documents while engaging in telephone conversation.

4. Noise isolation
Noise isolation works differently. Noise isolating earbuds drown out the background noise with the help of their cleverly designed physical characteristics. Many of these earbuds we have listed for you above work just as well at blocking out noise, if not better, than a great deal of noise-cancelling headphones on the market today. Even better, these earbuds don’t need massive amounts of battery power. You can simply plug them in and begin listening to your music – no charging, and if you play sports no worrying about your headphones shutting off on you during a run or while working out at the gym.
The best earbuds for noise isolation will usually come with multiple sizes of silicon, rubber, or foam ear-inserts for you to try on. It is imperative to find the best fit, because much of the earbuds’ noise-isolation capabilities are due to the soft little ear-tips. Everyone is built differently, and so are our ears. Ear tips that are too small will leak [2].
I do benefit a lot on this noise isolation features. I even unable to hear my cubicle mate calling after me if I plug in the earbuds properly. I end up using one side only whenever I am at work😉.

5. Size and weight.
Earbuds is small and easier for me to toss in my overflowing handbag compare headphone.
Also earbuds weigh lighter than headphone.
Plus, it is more invisible of me using earbuds as it is hidden since I am using shawl covering my hair from dust and sunburn😍.

What is Earbuds?
Earbuds usually do not have cushions, although they can. They are meant to be held in place by the concha ridge at the center of your outer ear, rather than sitting inside the ear canal.

They are often one-size-fits-all, which may not be comfortable to wear. Depending on the shape of your ear ridges, they may not fit securely and may fall out frequently. That is annoying, especially if you are wearing them for sports and exercise. Some have wings or loops to tuck under the ridges of the ear to help keep them in place.

Earbuds allow in ambient noise so you can hear what is going on around you. You don't feel sealed off from your environment. That provides a small measure of safety for outdoor exercise such as running or walking while wearing earbuds.

Earbuds have generally not had the same performance as high-end headphones, often lacking bass and sounding tinny.  If you're buying ear buds, the good news is they are often less expensive than earphones and in-ear headphones. If you want something for the gym that you don't care if you step on them on the treadmill, or if you need the thirty-umpth pair for your teenager, ear buds are your friends [3].

Till then, have fun in listening to song using your good earbuds through out your day😉.

References:
[1] Eight Benefits of using Earbuds in Daily Routine http://www.pingzic.net/earbuds-benefits/

No comments:

Post a Comment