Links

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Issue on choosing wrong make up artist for her wedding

I was quite amused with such issue or matter being viral heavily on this matter [1,2].
This is solely my opinion who once work in a bridal shop.
Where I could foreseen this issue or matter could be prevented from happening.

How?
The bride can learn: 
- to put on make up herself.
- test the make up with the selected make up artist (MUA). Also check the credibility thoroughly to avoid unsatisfied character or personality of the MUA. 

Why?
When the bride is:
-  obsessive-compulsive nature.
- like to teach the person who assist putting make up on her. Like what I have experience when I help to put on my friend make up during her engagement in 2008.

What I am trying to say is well portrayed minutes 0:50 in Friends series, episode 24, season 7 titled - The One With Monica and Chandler's Wedding, Part 2.
Where Monica put her own make up before her wedding day.

I could understand and totally relate why. As Monica is a chef known for her cleanliness, competitiveness and obsessive-compulsive nature [3].
By putting her own make up, she could know the suitable ingredients that would not trigger any skin conditions afterwards. As one normally would know more about their body conditions, allergy and etc.
Plus she do know better not to share her cosmetics in order to avoid fatal mishaps that could lead to death from contamination of other user. Well this part really on me. As I have read too much on such worst case scenario. One even already left paralysed from waist below [4]. Just because contamination and infections from sharing cosmetics.

Yes I do know that learning to put on make up requires lots of practise and learning curve. Still, there is lots of make up class nowadays that you can enroll in. 
Yes, I do know it requires lots of fund and time spend on such matter. But, all up to you also. Like me, I do not have much to spare for class, both time and fund. But I tried my best to practise and follow online make up artist and beauty blogger that I think would suits me. 
Yes, it is a long hard road and journey. But for me, its worth it. Can start small like taking baby steps. One at a time. And gradually build it up as you progress.
Yes, I do know my make up is not on point and very far from perfect. Still, I look presentable, fresh and neat. That is what matter to me the most. All depends on your needs and desire also. As not all people have same opinion like me. Since I prefer to focus more on my skincare regime and use less cosmetics in my make up applications. I like to let my skin to be able to breath. Plus, I am the type that like to wipe clean my make up each time before my prayers. Which is 5 times in a day. So for me, I would not need high end or full coverage cosmetics for my daily basis. But I would need such for a once in a while event or dinner or party.

Till then, have fun in you learning curve in make up application😉.

References:
[2] https://www.facebook.com/baituljannahofficial/posts/2047833215466433
[3] Monica E. Geller is a fictional character, one of the six main characters who appeared in the American sitcom Friends https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monica_Geller
[4] Fatal paralysed from waist down from contamination of habit in sharing cosmetics in make up application https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2017/09/gruesome-close-up-dirt-on-make-up.html

No comments:

Post a Comment