Links

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Keeping track of my cooking recipe using Google spreadsheet

I normally documented each of my cooking session, no matter where I cook it. As sometimes, I need to improvised and modify the recipe and technique based on current circumstances.
The look of my documentation of bread maker recipe in Google spreadsheet.
That is why documentation is important to me. In order for me to keep track the replacement ingredients, taste after modification of the recipe and technique. So that I am able to get good cooking and consistent outcome after each cooking session.
Yes, I do know it is a tedious works. But being a human that going through ageing process, that is the only way for me to be able to remember well and faster using cross reference technique in each cooking process.
I also prefer to measure using digital kitchen scale with measuring spoon than using normal mechanical/analog kitchen scale and measuring cups. As digital kitchen scale much precise and suits me. Especially when I am rushing.
I also ensure to force myself to take pictures of each cooking process in every session using my smartphone. So that I am able to troubleshoot if the cooking outcome is not as per what it suppose to be. Well, I am just being meticulous in this part😌. Where I am applying my basic engineering skills here😍.
For those who are interested to learn to use Google spreadsheet via their smartphone, can enrolled in my short course on smartphone later.

Till then, have fun in keeping track of your cooking technique and modification recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment