Links

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Option for me to rear my own organic livestock for own consumption

I have been asked if I am using organic chicken to be used in my lunch of marinated with fresh rosemary leaves yesterday. Well I am not. Since I am now still in the midst of looking for new job. So, I have to make to with what I have. Which makes me to resolve by using fresh organic herbs  in my cooking instead. As that is the only thing I am able and afford to do. I have to improvised what I have while waiting for new job offer of permanent position.
Yes, I do have dreams to rear my own livestock. I have tried to rear tilapia and catfish last time. But I often forget to tend after them and they end up to be my cats food only. Since they are unable to grow to bigger size for my consumption.


For other living stocks like chicken, would be hard for me to rear one in residential area. Since that would only valid to be done if I live in a house with more than 30 feet x 70 feet size. I also need to invest a very high wall with good feces management in order to avoid from foul smelling environment and flies.
For rabbits, that would definitely requires lots of my time since they are fast breeder. Plus I do not have much time left despite I am doing more part time freelance works now despite I am still looking for full time employment. As my part time works is more on documentation works, paperwork writing and others document related management works. Where I have to focus on them to ensure to deliver the work on time.
Even the chicken I bought nowadays, I share half with my cats. The reason why I am only eat 1 drumstick for my lunch yesterday [1]. As that is the only piece that I manage to separate from the frozen whole chicken.
I only use 5 unit of fresh organic rosemary leaves in the chicken soup for cats.

I am using fresh garlic instead of garlic powder or tablet since I only have that at home. However, I do make sure that the ratio will be 1:30 in the cooked chicken soup for my cats. Can read the benefit of using garlic tablet below👇.
I also used fresh rosemary since that is in the list of non toxic herbs for cats.
Despite my loves in using organic herbs for my cats, I always make sure to use less for them. Since I prefer low dosage but in regular basis.

Garlic Tablets for Dogs and Cats by Johnson's are contain garlic, a natural conditioner and cleanser with health benefits including good circulation and protection against illness.
Garlic Tablets also increase resistance to ailments and are a natural repellent against flea and worm infestation [1].

I also make sure to plant herbs that is not toxic to my cats. Being a highly curious living creature, my cats loves to munch on the plants and herbs that I grow all over my house compound. Therefore, I prefer to use prevention mode than cure.

Till then, have fun in sharing your herbs with your cats.

References:
[1] My lunch of marinated chicken with fresh rosemary leaves yesterday  http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2018/04/my-lunch-today-marinated-chicken-with.html

No comments:

Post a Comment