Links

Monday, April 9, 2018

My iftar dish: Black Glutinous rice dessert (bubur pulut hitam)

I have been craving to make Black Glutinous rice dessert since last Friday. I did buy the Black Glutinous rice that day. Manage to make it today for my iftar dish.
I cook using my 1.5 liter travel cooker under mode congee or porridge [1]. 
The look of the bought Black Glutinous rice.


I use 116 gm to cook today.

Soaking process.


Adding 1/4 teaspoon salt.

Using brown sugar as substitute to palm sugar (or gula melaka).

The look when the cooker in 1.0 congee mode. Approximately after 1 hour.

I am using coconut milk in box.


Pouring the coconut milk into the boiled Black Glutinous rice.

The look after mixing well the coconut milk with the Black Glutinous rice.

The look after 30 minutes.

Taking out some for my iftar break.

The delicious look of my home made Black Glutinous rice dessert today. 
I add more brown sugar afterwards since I feel it is quite bland. Still, it taste delicious. Would been better if I am able to put some pandan leaves in it for more fragrant taste.

Till then, have fun in cooking for your iftar after one day fasting to replace the ones in last RamadhanšŸ˜‰.

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment