Links

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Song The Reason by Hoobastank

This single by Hoobastank is from the album The Reason which released in April 27, 2004 [1].

"The Reason [2]"

I'm not a perfect person
There's many things I wish I didn't do
But I continue learning
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I'm sorry that I hurt you
It's something I must live with everyday
And all the pain I put you through
I wish that I could take it all away
And be the one who catches all your tears
That's why I need you to hear

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

And the reason is you [3x]

I'm not a perfect person
I never meant to do those things to you
And so I have to say before I go
That I just want you to know

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
And the reason is you

I've found a reason to show
A side of me you didn't know
A reason for all that I do
And the reason is you

To be frank, I love the song melody and some of the lyrics. This song is out during my 3rd year of my degree studies last time. I do listen to lots of songs during that time to assist me power through during night studies😅.

Regardless what, this song is Hoobastank's most commercially successful single, peaking at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (kept from the top spot by Usher's hit "Burn"), and No. 1 on the Modern Rock Tracks. In addition, it topped the singles charts in both Mexico and Italy. It was nominated for the Song of the Year at the 47th Grammy Awards. It won the MTV Video Music Awards Japan for best rock video [1]. 

Till then, do enjoy your favourite song to make your day even a better one than mine😉.

Reference:
[1] The Reason (Hoobastank song), From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Reason_(Hoobastank_song)
[2] Lyrics of the song taken from this website https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/hoobastank/thereason.html

No comments:

Post a Comment